Tuesday, February 14, 2012

One Week and Counting...

Next week at this time I'll be somewhere high over the Pacific, dozing to Simon & Garfunkel or The Band, eating bland airplane dinners, or drooling as I nap on my little fold down desk.  I packed today- 50lbs in the suitcase and 15lbs in my climbing pack and it seems like so little to trek off halfway around the world with, but at this point I figure if I haven't packed it (save for a few items I'm still using, like this here computer) I won't need it.  Its weird to seal all the sentimental pieces for my new room in a 1 gallon zip-lock bag and fit it in between my sweaters, but at the same time its liberating.  Actually I lied, I have a Dead poster (props to Ben) and the 2012 composite too.  Embracing my hidden 'type-A' side (yea apparently I do have one) has been interesting while getting organized but I'm starting to scare myself.  I'm getting more OCD over how my lists look than I did my physics homework last semester, oops.  Anywho all the build up is starting to give way and I'm thinking soon enough I'll be that kid with the accent and I can't wait.  

See you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment